Many people find STD testing awkward or embarrassing. Why? Well, they may be reluctant to ask their healthcare provider for testing, or visiting a clinic can be overwhelming and stigmatizing. These factors, along with privacy and ease, can make online STD testing an excellent option.
This article will explain everything you need to know about how online STD treatment works.
What is an STD?
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections spread from one person to another during vaginal, anal, and oral sex. STDs are widespread, and most people who have them don’t have any symptoms. However, without treatment, STDs can lead to serious health complications, like blindness, infertility, and other neurologic manifestations.
STDs that are tested online
STD testing online is usually straightforward. But it’s important to remember that many labs don’t routinely screen for all STDs. Most sites only offer tests for certain infections. Common options include:
- Hepatitis B
These are the most common types of STDs and the diseases you want to be tested for.
How to get treated for STDs online
Most STDs are easy to treat and are curable. You should take the antibiotic the doctor prescribes and follow their instructions until the infection clears up. This typically takes up to two weeks. You should not have sex during the treatment time.
Here are the steps you need to take to get treatment.
- Look for a reputable doctor online: You must find a respected doctor online. Ensure the doctor and practice are reputable by verifying credentials and checking online reviews.
- Schedule an appointment: Once you find a doctor, schedule an appointment and speak with them. Your doctor will ask general questions about your health, medical history, and symptoms. They may require testing to administer a prescription.
- Select a pharmacy: Choose a pharmacy for your doctor to send your prescription to. Your medication should be ready the same day once the pharmacy receives it.
- Pick up your prescription: The last step to getting treated for an STD online is picking up your medication and following the treatment plan outlined by your doctor.
Common misconceptions about STD treatment online
Here are a few misconceptions about STD treatment online:
- It’s embarrassing. Getting treatment for an STD online is not embarrassing since it is done discreetly. Taking care of your physical health is nothing to be embarrassed about and could mean the difference between a clean bill of health and significant illnesses.
- STD tests are reported. STD tests are only reported for data and statistics. Your profile and personal information are kept confidential. Doctors will never share your results with anyone.
- STD tests are painful. STD tests are not meant to be painful. In most cases, all that is required is a simple swab on the inside of your cheek. Other times, you may need to give a blood sample or urine test, which isn’t typically painful.
Schedule an appointment for online health services.
If you contracted an STD and are dreading going to the doctor, we get it. Luckily, getting an STD prescription online is an excellent way to circumnavigate that feeling. From the comfort of your own home, you can cure your STD and shuck off that embarrassment.
At Good MDs, we’ve treated thousands of patients and specialize in STD treatment. We understand this kind of thing can kill your vibe, but we’ve got you. Trust us. Contact us now to schedule an appointment online or via phone.